- The concept of putting on wedding bands on the fourth finger of the left hand originates from the notion that there’s a vein in that finger that’s directly connected to the heart.
- In ancient Rome, guests broke a loaf of bread over the bride’s head for fertility and this is where wedding cakes came into the picture.
- About seventeen tons of gold are converted into wedding bands every year in the United States.
- Sapphire wedding rings signify marital happiness in the symbolic language of jewels.
Wedding traditions, customs, and costumes vary across different countries and cultures around the world. But a common thing they all signify is the joy and celebration weddings bring. Regardless of the country or tradition in which you belong to, your choice of attire for the groom and his friends is something you should pay attention to.
Steps to Fold a Pocket Square
Pocket squares are a traditional accessory that generally doesn’t have a ton of rules governing their use. For most, this is a good thing since it allows them to express their personal style and preferences. Nevertheless, some important things to note before you start folding your pocket square is that they work best when you use rectangular or square pieces of fabric. Also, they should be able to fill the width of your pocket but shouldn’t be so large it creates a bulge.
In that vein, here are the steps to execute a simple flower fold:
- Establish the center of your square
- Grab the middle and use your fingers to pull the fabric through
- Stuff it into your jacket’s pocket allowing only the desired amount to stick out.
Now, you are set for an effortlessly stylish look.